Crane Institute of America Certification (CIC) is an independent certifying organization providing OSHA recognized, NCCA and ANSI accredited crane operator, rigger and signalperson certifications. CIC is incorporated under the requirements of Florida Statute Chapter 607 and is a separate and autonomous legal entity. The Articles of Organization specify that the "management and direction of the business and affairs of this corporation shall be vested in a Board of Directors."
The purpose of CIC is to:
- Assess the knowledge, skills and abilities of crane operators, riggers and signalpersons
- Provide accredited certifications in an efficient and timely and cost-effective manner
- Provide the most realistic, realworld written and practical assessments
The mission of CIC is:
- Save lives through accredited certifications
- Be a charitiable conduit to help individuals and communities throughout the U.S.
By fulfilling its mission and purpose, CIC raises the expectation that certification is the standard for the crane industry.